Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sayaka Yamamoto

Little Wonders



When I was little I lived in the countryside, very close to the world of insects. I always enjoyed watching their many different shapes, colors and behavior — sometimes they made me scared and sometimes fascinated me.
After I moved away from my parents’ house to the big city, I was seeing less insects and I almost started forgetting the great times I spent with them.
In Little Wonders I evoke the same feeling as I had in my childhood and express these feelings in four different ways.





A graphic illustration of imaginary insects in a kitchen.




Hatching Yourself: an atmosphere movie inspired by the hatching of insects. Hatching can have many different meanings and my aim with this movie is to express them in a manner which could trigger the viewer’s imagination.




Hotaru: your personal firefly a small adhesive lamp with the magic of fireflies. You can easily take and stick it anywhere you wish and let it light up your life even in the darkest moments.



Penna: a series of accessories inspired by insects’ wings. This project explores the qualities and possibilities of using ‘fake/imitation’ materials, instead of actual insects parts.




past works

Living with Dinosaurs(2008)


Since I was a child, I was fascinated by the world of dinosaurs.
I tried to imagine how our homes could look like if we could bring in some parts of those huge creatures.





Skin(2009)


I have been wondering what a cow would think when it sees a cow skin carpet.
And if the cow would try to do the same, how would such a carpet look if it were made of human skins?
In this project I have been looking at this situation from the ‘animals’ point of view.






CV

2009 ‘Living with Dinosaurs’ at TALENT, Spazio Rossana Orlandi, Milan
2009 ‘Penna’ solo exhibition at Silke and The Gallery in Antwerp
2008 BCXSY at Rising Starts exhibition by Generate Design, Tokyo Design Week
2008 ’Foam Sweet Home’ 3rd prize by Skuuma Soft Surface Competitio
2008 ‘Living with Dinosaurs’ Finalist of ‘TALENT’ exhibited at Designhuis, Eindhoven
2008 FOREVER! exhibition by BCXSY during Salone del Mobile, Milan
2008 Graduated from Design Academy Eindhoven (Man & Identity)
2007 Invited Designer’s Exhibition during Seoul Design Week, Korea
2007 PLAY! exhibition by BCXSY during Salone del Mobile, Milan
2005 Graduation exhibition at Spiral, Tokyo
2004 ‘Golden Jewelry’ Finalist of ‘Gold competition’ exhibited at Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam



Contact

mail: info@sayakayamamoto.com
website: www.sayakayamamoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment